Thursday, July 5, 2018

Week 2 - Finalize Week

Week 2, Finalize week, is over.
Here's what I contributed to my team.

2018-07-02


On this day, I was told that the presentation that we might make would be postponed to next week. My team and I began an inventory list of all of the rolls of filament we have on-site, and whether we needed to buy new rolls.

We began to start testing the printers more with more parts to print, but with the green filament from Octane we couldn't do much. I began to get tired of printing test part after test part to see if the faulty filament would actually print something useful. At the end of the day, I deleted all of the settings on the Prusa 3D printer, which was a huge mistake.

2018-07-03


On this day, I reset the printer's settings twice, once with the faulty Octane filament and once more with some black filament. The filament didn't stick to the printing bed and instead stuck to the extruder itself. This is an extreme case and only happens when the nozzle is way too far away from the print bed.

I printed extra feet for the Lulzbot TAZ and fixed its printing bed. It still has a large gash on the side, so our printing space will definitely be limited. Nevertheless, this will still increase our production by literally twofold.

2018-07-04


Fourth of July. No work.

2018-07-05


On this day, Arushi and I set up the two printers side-by-side. The Prusa printer was set for printing the bottom of our podcar design, while the Lulzbot was going to print the side car. The Prusa worked efficiently and didn't need much tending to, while the Lulzbot failed four times before finally getting it right.
  1. Extrusion Jam
  2. Not sticking to bed
  3. Disconnected from computer
  4. Disconnected from computer
  5. Success!
Everyone is working on their presentations for Monday. I'm looking forward to see the progress the other teams made.


No comments:

Post a Comment